Our Privacy and Data Security attorneys help clients by:
- Mapping the flow of data into and out of organizations to determine trigger points for compliance obligations
- Advising on privacy and data considerations in acquisitions, investments, and other corporate transactions
- Writing privacy policies, notices, and disclosures required by ever-changing U.S. and foreign laws
- Negotiating data and privacy terms in business-to-business deals
- Preparing Data Protection Agreements and other privacy-related documents for multi-tier distribution structures (for example, arrangements that permit data to flow from a company to its vendor and multiple levels of sub-contractors)
Regulated industries present unique compliance and contracting considerations:
- Education and EdTech: we represent educational institutions and the software vendors that service them. From the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) to state laws concerning student and child privacy, we can help.
- Health Tech: we advise developers of mobile fitness apps, device manufacturers, and other health tech companies on their unique compliance obligations regarding health data.
Our Privacy & Data Protection attorneys have recently:
- Advised a fitness application provider on privacy concerns relating to Artificial Intelligence tools
- Guided an education content publisher through compliance with federal and state student-privacy laws
- Created cross-border data sharing agreements involving Canada-US and Switzerland-US data transfers