The Maine Revenue Service has recently announced a new amnesty program for taxpayers who may be subject to “use tax” because they purchased tangible personal property outside the State of Maine and brought the property into Maine for use. The official explanation of the amnesty program is attached. Use tax problems can be significant for people who purchase expensive items such as vehicles, boats, airplanes, machinery and equipment, computers, and other expensive items outside the State of Maine and bring them into Maine.
- Maine Paid Family and Medical Leave: How Maine Businesses Should Prepare for 2025 and Beyond
- Writing an Employee Handbook: A Business Tool that Should be Taken Seriously
- Restrictions on the Sale of Mobile Home Parks
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Corporate Transparency Act
- 11 Perkins Thompson Attorneys Named in The Best Lawyers in America®
About This Post
The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of the Firm or any of its attorneys on any particular issue.
Website Disclaimer »